Cleveland Engineering Society
1768 East 25th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Contact: Michael Schipper
The Cleveland Engineering Society (CES) located in Cleveland, Ohio is looking for an experienced and talented individual for a challenging and rewarding role as its Executive Director.
CES was founded in 1880 and is an Ohio nonprofit charitable corporation, organized for charitable, scientific and educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code of 1986, as amended. CES has an annual operating budget of $300,000 and is dedicated to creating and sustaining a dynamic engineering and technical community. It provides peer interaction and networking, leadership for career development and learning for technological advancement.
CES’s Mission is to serve the educational and professional development needs of technical professionals and the organizations that employ them; to encourage young people to pursue successful careers in science and engineering; and to foster the exchange of creative ideas and information.
CES provides forums for technical and business networking, educational conferences and seminars for professional development credits, and community outreach to foster interest and excitement in engineering and technical professions.
To grow the membership and revenue of the Organization, and increase the presence of CES within the engineering and Northeast Ohio communities
• Develop and maintain an effective Social Media presence for the Organization
• Maintain a strong relationship with the Board and Partner Level Members
• Act as our Development Director in seeking Sponsors and Exhibitors for our events
• Meet or exceed the membership goals as defined by the Board
• Strengthen and/or develop strategic programs to increase revenue and membership
• Supervision of staff consisting of Associate Director and Program Coordinator
• Manage the annual Operating Budget
• Bachelor Degree in fields such as Marketing, Non-profit Administration, Education, Accounting, or others
• 5-7 years of professional work experience, with non-profit or non-profit Board experience a plus
• Experience utilizing Social Media to promote and market an organization and events and ability to update and maintain a website
• Fundraising and Development experience for a non-profit
• Event planning, marketing and programming
• Networking capability
• Knowledge and exposure to the engineering community
• Grant writing experience
• Foundation contacts
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The CES Executive Director is a full-time position with a starting salary range of $55,000 - $60,000. CES benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, 10 days of vacation, 8 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays and 1 personal day.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; ATTN: Michael Schipper, P.E., CES Board President. Please include Executive Director in the subject line.
For additional information: