Staffing Solutions Enterprises
5915 Landerbrook Drive
Mayfield Heights, OH 44124
Contact: Kim Patrick
Staffing Solutions Enterprises has partnered with TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with nearly 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We manufacture some of the world’s cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what’s possible. And we rely on our core values – ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence – to create steel products and services to solve the world’s toughest challenges.
The Senior Project Engineer – Mechanical’s primary function is to manage, plan, organize, and execute engineering projects. These projects include the design and installation of production machinery and equipment, plant facilities, foundations, plant layouts, site evaluations, piping systems, structures and buildings, maintenance projects, and strategic capital projects. The Senior Project Engineer – Mechanical will be responsible for the full life-cycle of project management including planning, defining scopes, requesting and analyzing quotes or bid packages, data and cost analysis, managing cross functional projects team with members from operations, maintenance, process control, other engineering disciplines, outside engineering firms, original equipment manufacturer personnel, and all levels of outside contractors and crafts, hands-on engineering, implementation of change, documentation, training, and pitch-out of project status to all levels of the organization. The Senior Project Engineer – Mechanical could also act as the project lead for specific engineering tasks such as piping, foundations, building erection, or equipment setting for large capital projects overseen by an assigned Project Manager.
• Develop and manage projects to meet specific budgets and schedules
• Implement the design process from conception to field changes
• Coordinate the fabrication and installation of equipment by contractors or TimkenSteel employees
• Facilitate the communications between internal customers, suppliers, and engineering activities
• Insure that all project documentation such as drawings and manuals are added to the engineering drawing system
• Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring for Design Engineers within the Engineering Department
• Provide on demand engineering expertise to operations, maintenance, and management
• Bachelor's degree in mechanical eng or related with at least 4 years of experience in manufacturing or design eng or related.
• Strong project management skills with a demonstrated ability to engineering projects and/or
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to a variety of audiences
• Ability to self-manage competing deadlines and priorities
• MBA or Master's degree in eng with at least 5 years of experience in manufacturing or design eng or related
• Able to read and comprehend 2-D and 3-D prints and understand dimensions and tolerances.
• Demonstrated knowledge of all specialties within Mechanical Engineering such as statics, dynamics, hydraulics, water systems, industrial gas systems, machine design, thermodynamics, and combustion.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For additional information: