Kent Adhesive Products Company
1000 Cherry St.
Kent, OH 44240
Contact: Stephen Smigel
Kent Adhesive Products Company (KAPCO) is a growing company in Kent Ohio. Kapco is a custom coater and converter of flexible pressure-sensitive materials. Founded in 1974 in Kent, Ohio, KAPCO is an innovative business that continues to define higher standards for adhesive applications. Kapco is servicing the Digital Media, Computer Aided Signage Media, Book Preservation, and the Custom Coating and Converting of pressure sensitive materials for a variety of markets including medical, electronic, automotive, and industrial. All of the company's operations are located in a modern 120,000-square-foot facility.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and self-motivated team player, who will contribute to our current and future growth plans. As our organization develops, we anticipate this position to expand in responsibility by taking on management of additional functions, such as estimating.
1. Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, optimizing production equipment utilization for reliability and repeatability.
2. Enhance process capability and improve product quality using statistical analysis and control strategies.
3. Design, develop, manage and integrate mechanical systems to meet system specifications for performance, cost and reliability.
4. Recommend, justify and manage capital equipment expenditures.
5. Drives a culture of Safety Awareness and Continuous Improvement
6. Provide hands on technical assistance to troubleshooting, resolve issues related to manufacturing or materials.
7. Develop, document and standardize manufacturing processes.
8. Provide technical training to employees.
9. Supervises assigned maintenance and engineering support
10. Assists with project planning, long term project planning, and budget planning.
11. Provide technical training to employees in other departments
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent: Experience with wide web flexo- printing, roll or gravure coating, custom converting , slitting and die cutting are a plus
• 5-7 years manufacturing experience.
• Must have strong analytical skills.
• CAD experience a plus
• Skilled in LEAN Methodologies and Continuous Improvement
• Experienced in driving a safety minded culture
• Must have clear, concise communication skills, both verbal and written
• High attention to detail and accuracy.
• Project management.
• Self starter.
For additional information: